11 Amazing Benefits of Drinking Warm Water!
Benefits of Drinking Warm Water – by Bhaskar Ammu
It is a very well known fact that drinking a lot of water throughout the day is very good for health. But have you ever thought what kind of water should you consume?
Chilled? Cold? Normal? Warm? Hot?
Let me give you the best answer! Drinking warm water has exceptional and magical benefits to your body over drinking it cold.
According to the wonderful Indian holistic health Science – Ayurveda, one of the easiest ways to heal your body and keep your body healthy is to warm up the water before you drink it!
Here are 11 ways in which warm water benefits our body!
1. Improves Digestion tremendously
Drinking warm water, especially in the morning, helps improve and maintain the metabolism of our body.
Metabolism is the biochemical process of burning calories consumed by our body and producing the energy to each and every organ of our body. Our resting metabolism rate (RMR) is responsible for 75% of the calories burnt every day. Studies show drinking warm water enhances Metabolism rate, activates enzymes in our stomach, smoothens digestion and burn fat easily.
2. Detoxifies the body and Enhances Body Immunity
Consumption of Warm water throughout the day helps in flushing out the toxins and irritants from the body. The heat from the water raises body temperature which activates sweat glands and releases superficial toxins. Drinking Warm water also helps in flushing out internal toxins in the blood and better function of the endocrine system. This, in turn, improves the body’s immune system.
3. Helps in Weight Loss!
Increased Metabolism and better toxin management due to the consumption of warm water directly help you in shedding those unwanted calories and fats. Drinking hot water also helps contract our intestines to expel the materialistic waste from our body which in-turn help us lose the so-called “water weight.”
4. An easy solution to constipation problems
Proper functioning of the intestinal muscles and the body’s waste disposal system are one of the most important benefits of drinking warm water. So drinking it would be one the best solutions to constipation problems!
5. Boosts the Circulatory and Nervous Systems
A similar effect to that of taking a hot water shower, drinking warm water throughout the day helps the blood in the arteries and veins to flow freely, purely and healthily across the whole body which in-turn enhances the muscle and nerve activity. Smooth and healthy blood circulation reduces the risk of acquiring abnormal blood pressure and other cardiovascular diseases.
6. Helps relieve Menstrual Cramps & Body Sprains
Drinking warm water regularly ensures proper functioning of the joints and muscles making them more flexible, injury free and relieve any existing pain. Consumption of warm water by women during periods gives an immense relief from menstrual cramps and helps them have a better day.
7. Acts as your personal Skin Specialist!
Drinking warm water has a massive positive effect on the skin. It not only hydrates and moisturizes the skin but also keeps the acne and pimples in check, helps reduce the wrinkles on the skin and keeps it fresh and young!
8. Improves Hair Health Holistically
Warm/hot water consumption not only takes care of your overall skin but also takes care of your holistic hair health.
Drinking warm water is good for your hair in a lot of ways like:
- Provides softness and shine to the hair
- Activates the roots and nerve endings of the hair, in turn, improving hair growth and vitality
- Hydration and moisturization of the skin keep dandruff away!
9. Maintains body hydration levels
Be it warm or hot or cold, consuming ample amount of water is highly essential for a proper and healthy functioning of the body. According to various studies, at least 2 to 3 litres of water should be consumed by an average human and that accompanied by warm water critically in the mornings and before sleep hydrates the body from the tip of the toes to the tip of the head.
10. Natural Remedy for Nasal congestion, Headache and Stress
Improved Blood circulation, nervous, muscular and joint activity due to warm water consumption helps clear nasal congestion, alleviate and prevent headaches, migraines, back pain. It also reduces anxiety and stress making you much calmer and focused.
11. Gives a perfect start and end to the day!
Having Warm water along with lemon, turmeric and ginger especially early in the morning as soon as you wake up would give you a perfect start to the day keeping your body healthy and energized the whole day. And drinking it before bed after a busy day relaxes the whole body, giving you a perfect end to it and a happy, contently and sound sleep.
I know you are pretty excited to start drinking warm water right now. Before that just have a look at some Dos and Don’ts.
- Keep a check on the temperature of the water being consumed.
- Check on the climate and the environment you are in.
- Awareness of the additions you are making to the water before consumption
- Do not have water that is too hot which will damage the cells and tissues of the tongue, mouth and oesophagus
- Don’t take too much warm water if the environment is very hot as it may reduce your thirstiness and make you drink less water than the required amount based on the climatic conditions.
- Mixing ingredients will harm the body and have a negative effect on the digestive system.
One of the easiest solutions to get habituated to warm water is getting a personal water kettle and thermally insulated water bottle.
If you have any queries, please type them in the comment I will be more than happy to help you out!
Share this Blog with your friends and family and help them improve their health!
Each one, Teach one!!!